Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Blogs to Follow!!! (I might be biased) OR Blog Review Roundup

Blogs/bloggers that seem to especially love nerdy/ quirky/ smarty (contemporary) romance:
*Penny's Romance Reviews (Especially if you like funny/quirky/indie authors in your romance)
*Smexy Books (I've noticed May, who wrote the review, seems to especially enjoy "smart" romances; it seems like all three of the ladies enjoy their romances with a side of smarts.)
*Sexy Book Times (BIG FOCUS on indie authors and loves anything with geekery!! <3)
*Under the Covers Book Blog (If you enjoy my kind of humor then follow Suz's reviews; also all the ladies are awesome!)
*Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews (Liz wrote the review for my book and she loves to laugh/enjoyed my style of humor.)
*Page Trotters (Loves geekery and nerdy romance.. need I say more?)
*So I Read This Book Today (focus on indies/unknowns and also has resources for writers! like proofing!!)
*Silvia's Cherry Tree (not exclusively a book blog but does review books with focus on indie authors <3)

Background for this post:
I've been receiving these questions from readers with a great deal of frequency: "Do you have any recommendations for books similar to yours? If I liked your book what other books will I like?"

My response thus far has been: I have no idea. In all honesty I am very new to the romance genre and haven't read enough books to be able to answer that question. I know what books I like, but I haven't read anything similar to my book yet. However, it occurred to me this morning that I know who you should ask!

As an additional resource, here is a list of all the blogs that have reviewed Neanderthal Seeks Human (that I am aware of). I recommend that readers of my book (who enjoyed my book) follow these bloggers as they might have similar taste in books.

Comprehensive Blog List/ review links:
April 6: Ellie Reads Fiction Rating: 4 out of 5
April 7: Lost and Found in Fiction Rating: 5 out of 5
April 7: Ever After Romance  Rating: 4 out of 5
April 10: A Passion for Books and Real Life Rating: "Highly Recommended"
April 11: Sexy Book Times Rating: 5 out of 5
April 22: SmexyBooks Rating: A- (so, 4.5?)
April 25: Under The Covers Book Blog: Rating 5 out of 5
April 26: In Need of Prince Charming- I don't think so! Rating 4 out of 5
May 8: Feminist Fairytale Reviews: Rating 4 out of 5
May 12: Floating Leaves: Rating 4 out of 5
May 16: Silvia's Cherry Tree: Rating 5 out of 5
May 18: Unraveling Words: Rating 4.5 out of 5
May 19: Book Nerds Anonymous: Rating 4 out of 5
May 21: Penny's Romance Reviews: Rating 5 out of 5
May 25: Confessions of 2 Book Bloggers: 4 out of 5
June 8: Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews: Rating 4.5 out of 5
June 29: So I Read This Book Today: Rating 5 out of 5
July 3: Page Trotters: Rating 5 out of 5
July TBD: The Book Sojourner: Rating TBD (she was kind enough to post a blurb for Teaser Tuesday on July 2; a possible review is pending)
****If your blog has reviewed my book and your review is missing from this list, PLEASE EMAIL ME ASAP!! pennreid AT gmail DOT com so I can include a link to your site. Of note, if it is a mean or nasty review I might develop temporary amnesia after reading your email...

I have been extremely lucky with the blog reviews for Neanderthal Seeks Human: A Smart Romance so far (knock on wood!). All the reviews have ranged from 4 to 5 and no one has called me any untoward names (like 'Octopus Pants' or 'Hack Writer').

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out!! - Kelsie (Page Trotter) Nerd love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thank you for having exceptionally odd taste in books!! :-D

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOD (capital letters on purpose, I jumped on my seat)! You like my blog (silviacherrytree)!
    You're right, it isn't about books reviews but all things I like or love, your book included ;D
    Pretty much it's a public - XXI century - version of my old corkboard :-)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete