Some authors might be asking themselves: Do I need Swag?
The answer is: Authors need swag. Accept it. Own it. Love it
Now, the real questions authors should be asking:
1. What the heck kind of swag am I going to create/ buy/ make?
2. What is it going to look like/ what do I put on it?
First Question: What the heck kind of swag am I going to create/ buy/ make?
Answer: Find out what your readers want! I asked this question on Facebook last night and received many, many responses.
- Most repeated statement: I want something I can use.
- Small items, to give away: pens, refrigerator magnets, pins/ badges/ buttons, sticky notes /pads of paper, beer cozy, coffee cozy, book marks, post cards
- Larger items, to sell: eBook covers, canvas bags, T-shirts, reusable water cups, coffee mugs, moleskin notebooks
- For my series, ideas specific to the book: Knitting needles/ knitting needle cases, book of random trivia, knitting/crochet patterns
Answer: This is up to you and, honestly, I haven't figured this out yet. I'm just now fiddling with some fabric graphics ideas. I figured I'd start with canvas totes, perfect the design, then make a series of images based on the same theme.
Some ideas for images based on my fiddling this morning:
|I thought this could be one side of a fabric tote|
|Post card image for fanclub?? Not nerdy enough??|
|This is definitely going to be made into bags, coffee cozies, beer cozies, et. al.|